Sunday, March 8, 2009

Mannequinism: Let's Google it!

Driving home from Buffalo, New York today I saw the strangest billboard. It said: "Fight Mannequinism!" After discussing a cornucopia of possibilities as to what this could mean, we decided this was a mystery best left to google. Believe it or not, it is NOT a disease in which store mannquins come to life and attack shoppers...

Here's what Google came up with:


Fight Mannequinism.org
The Ad Council has released a new civic engagement promotional campaign called Fight Mannequinism. They describe mannequinism as a new phenomenon caused by political and volunteer inactivity where "...sufferers experience a hardening of the skin and firmness of all joints until ultimately the body is transformed into a plastic hollow shell. It is a disease of the mind that ultimately affects the person's whole being and community." The disease is curable, however, by engaging oneself by volunteering for a nonprofit organization or local campaign office. Go to www.fightmannequinism.org for more cures to help your volunteer organization.





--

What an intellectually stimulating billboard that was!

The more you know....
( I need my own jingle music I think)

2 comments:

  1. How much can a adult gorilla bench press?


    Supposedly Gorillas have the strength of 10 men so i would say an average man could bench about 200 - 250 so 10x 200 is 2000 but im sure there is no way this is correct one of those mythical answers i suppose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ever since I heard this commercial, I wondered how in the hell can a patch of human skin turn to plastic. Silly me, I figured this might be true a medical condition very rare. Glad I found out different, From what is going on in this troubled world, I think mannequinism turns the brain to plastic.

    ReplyDelete